If you are looking for the best party themes for adults look no further!
We've rounded up 49 amazing party themes, so you'll be are guaranteed to find the perfect one for you!
Planning a party is so exciting, so lets' get cracking...
We've fantastic themes for ladies, such as spa parties, boho parties, movie night parties, and others for men, like beer parties, Star Wars parties and so so much more. You will be spoilt for choice!
Top 49 Best Party Themes for Adults!
1. 21st PartiesA 21st is a big deal and one of those milestone birthdays that need to be celebrated in style.
Make sure there's a photo booth so you can take a bunch of awesome photos of family and friends to look back on.
2. 30th PartiesSaying goodbye to your 20's is big deal, so get together with your family members and friends to drink to your 30th birthday!
Don't be intimidated by such a big number and enjoy all the good things ahead of you!
3. 40th PartiesTurning 40 can be daunting, but don't let that stop you from throwing a party to remember.
It's the perfect occasion to go all out and make this a memorable one!
4. 50th PartiesEveryone will be so looking forward to singing happy birthday to you for your 50th!
Such an important birthday deserves a unique party theme at a special spot, such as a favorite restaurant.
Go back in time and treat everyone to a fun throwback to the '70s, '80s, '90s. You can bet it will be a night to remember.
You can bet everyone will be scrabbling to hit the dance floor and have a good time.
7. Pool PartiesIf you are throwing a party on a hot summer day, cool everyone off with a fab pool party, lots of delicious ice cream, and some refreshing cocktails in the sun.
It's a great way to host a birthday celebration during the summer, so make sure you tell your guests to bring their swimsuits, bikinis, trunks, and towels!
8. Luau PartiesTransport your family and friends to tropical shores, full of palm trees, with a luau-themed party.
It's a great summer party theme where you can serve lots of fresh fruit, salads, and of course, whip up some famous Hawaiian Mai Tai's!
Treat everyone to a mystical celebration with mermaid-inspired party food and decorations.
10. BBQ PartiesThere's nothing better than a laidback BBQ in your backyard with those closest to you.
Decorate your space with some pretty string lights, to create a warm inviting atmosphere. Add some great music and delicious food and you are good to go!
11. Fiesta PartiesIf you love a Mexican fiesta then you've just got yourself a great theme for a memorable party!
Make sure your party decorations are full of bright colors and that you treat your guest's lots of tasty tacos and margaritas.
Everyone will have so much fun!
There's something so laidback and whimsical about comfy floor cushions and gorgeous boho-style decorations.
It's one of our best party themes for a ladies get together, or a bridal shower.
13. Dinner PartiesIf you'd rather keep things small and intimate how about throwing a dinner party with your best friends?
You don't need a large number of guests and you can all enjoy each other's company in a more relaxed setting.
What's great about a dinner party is that you can either go over the top and have a glam affair or simply have a rustic-themed party with lots of floral arrangements.
It's the perfect way to pamper a bride-to-be and spend some quality time together enjoying good food and drinks.
Don't forget to keep everyone entertained with some fun party games.
It's a fun way to have a proper send-off before the big day, by either going all out and dancing the night away at a swanky club or by simply spending a lovely weekend away glamping with your closest friends.
16. Brunch PartiesIf you want to throw an easy-going party where everyone can mix and mingle then maybe you could go for a brunch party.
It's a great theme if you are planning a party with a more relaxed atmosphere. Serve a buffet with lots of types of food, conveniently combining the best of breakfast and lunch.
17. Spa PartiesKick back and relax with one of the most indulgent birthday party themes imaginable!
There's no better way to celebrate a birthday than with a massage, facial, and manicure.
18. Parisian PartiesThis next all-time favorite theme is oh so chic!
There's no better excuse to add some style and sophistication to your birthday celebrations than by throwing a Parisian-themed party.
It's the next best thing to a trip to the French capital of lights.
19. Chanel PartiesIf you are a true fashionista you are going to love this next classic party theme.
A Chanel birthday is perfect for anyone who loves elegance, and there's nothing more stylish than a birthday cake topped with a gold stiletto and covered in fresh roses.
Add some sparkle to your big day and throw a party to dazzle all your guests, by creating an elegant affair, reminiscent of the classic movie. Decorate your party with as many pearls, silver, and gemstones as you can get your hands on, and don't forget to incorporate the signature Tiffany blue-inspired boxes too!
Decorate your dessert table with her iconic black and white stripes with pops of pink and gold.
If you love themed parties and everything about the roaring 20s how about throwing a Great Gatsby-themed party? Step back and time and treat your guests to some vintage Glam.
As long as you have lots of feathers, bubbly champagne, great jazz, and lots of sparkles, you really can't go wrong.
Don’t forget to include the dress code on the invitation!A great way to add some sophisticated mystique to your celebration is by throwing a masquerade-themed party. It's the perfect excuse for everyone to dress up and have fun.
Chandeliers and Venetian artisan masks are a must-have and a big part of the 16th-century attire, typically associated with a masquerade party.
24. Glam PartiesTreat yourself to a glamorous party theme where your guests can have a ball showing off all the glitz, glamour, and bling.
There's something so was exuberant about looking elegant and feeling like 1 million dollars, so roll out the red carpet and throw a party that will go down in history!
25. Tuxedo PartiesIt isn't always easy figuring out a party theme for a men's birthday, but if you are planning a memorable event and want to make it an elegant affair how about throwing a tuxedo-themed party?
Make sure to add black, gold, and lots of dazzle to your decorations to create a sophisticated look.
It’s also a great theme for a reunion, anniversary, or even a New Year’s Eve party.
If you’re a kid at heart and still get a real kick out of a great superhero movie and tv show, how about throwing an awesome superhero party?It's the perfect theme for a die-hard Marvel or DC fan who relishes all the action and strength superheroes, such as Spider-Man and Wonder Woman, possess.
Send out tickets instead of party invitations and share your love for movies with all your family and friends.
Decorate your party with movie reels, clapboards, movie cameras, film strips, a Hollywood sign, and of course, lots of popcorn!
Star Wars continues to be a force in many grownups' lives, so throw the greatest party in the galaxy, and take your guests on a journey to the distant corners of the universe.
The environment sets the whole mood for the party so fill your venue with a bunch of Harry Potter-inspired decorations, such as old suitcases, birdcages, and a couple of broomsticks.
Decorate your party with GOT posters or even a Westeros map, lots of dragon eggs, and cover your chairs with sheepskins and furs, after all, winter is coming.
Prior to the night, get your murder mystery party kit which includes everything you'll need for the night, including the murder story, the clues, and the background story of each of your characters a.k.a. your guests.
What's cool about the party theme is that it's such a fun and unique way to get your guests involved in what will be a memorable night.
Make it a memorable event by letting your guests know they must come dressed to kill and don't forget to serve his signature shaken, not stirred Martini!
33. Casino PartiesRecreate the ultimate Vegas-like experience by throwing a casino night party with your family and friends.
It's a great excuse to get everyone together to play some blackjack, poker, or roulette, all while enjoying sophisticated appetizers at an easy-to-eat buffet.
Everyone will jump at the opportunity to get all dressed up and feel glamorous for the night so make sure you let them know the dress code.
Dust off those old board games and sit down for an exciting night jam-packed with games and lots of snacks!
35. Rodeo PartiesAn all-time favorite adult birthday party theme is a good old rodeo party where everyone gets to celebrate in a laidback and relaxed atmosphere.
It's a good theme for a fancy dress party so make sure your guests bring their cowboy boots and hats, which will double up as great photo booth props!
Create a cowboy saloon bar with small tables and low seats grouped around them, and decorate your space with hay bales covered with hessian bags for your guests to sit on.
Make sure all your decorations are on theme and that there's plenty of whisky for everyone.
37. Beer PartiesIf on the other hand beer is more of your thing (or probably, in this case, his) then how about a fun idea and throwing a beer-inspired party!
Make it a tasting party and serve a bunch of different types of beer. Make sure you have cool party games too.
38. Golf PartiesThe perfect theme for anyone that loves a good round of golf is obviously a golf-themed birthday party!
Set up a wall with photos to show off all his golfing achievements and decorate with golf-themed party decorations.
39. Fishing PartiesIf you have a fishing enthusiast in your family then how about throwing them a fishing-themed adult birthday party?
Decorate your party with fishing supplies, such as some silver buckets, lures, and fishing rods. You really can't go wrong!
40. Football PartiesSport-themed parties are the best!
If you are stuck on a theme for a man's birthday party how about treating him to a football-themed one?
Serve lots of game-day foods and decorate the party with a bunch of football-inspired decor.
You can bet your male guests are gonna have a blast!
41. Cars PartiesA lot of men can't get enough of their vintage cars and take what feels like a long time taking care of them.
If your planning a party for someone who's passionate about cars then a car-themed party is a great option.
42. Pirate PartiesAdults love pirates just as much as kids do, so it's the perfect party theme for anyone you know that is fascinated with them.
Decorate your party with skeletons, pirate flags, and treasure chests to create a pirate vibe, and don't forget to serve lots of rum!
It's such a great idea and there's literally no better way to catch up than with a wonderful ladies' night!
There's nothing we love more than having friends over to watch the big game in our living room, and share delicious game food with.
Treat your guests to amazing New Orleans-inspired cuisine and serve Hurricanes to drink.
Don't forget to have lots of Mardi Gras beads on hand to decorate your party and to wear.
Round up all your friends and host a spooky night with lots of cobwebs, skulls, and creepy crawlies.
A Friendsgiving party is a perfect theme for an adult party and it's such a fun way to spend some quality time together in the Fall.
Make it a relaxed ambiance with lots of comfy floor cushions and a laidback vibe.
48. NYE PartiesRing in the New Year by throwing an epic NYE party. Decorate with lots of sparkle, as you dance the night away, and drink champagne.
It's the perfect way to end the holiday season and celebrate all the wonderful things the new year has to offer!
49. Olympics PartiesThere's nothing I love more than sport, which is why I get so excited each time it's the Olympic games.
It's the perfect time to get together with family and friends and enjoy each other's company while watching the games together.
If you're celebrating a birthday during that time how about throwing an Olympics-themed party. You never know, team USA may even give you a birthday surprise!
We hope you enjoyed this post of the top 49 best party themes for adults!
Need more adult birthday party ideas and inspirations?
- 16 BEST 40th Birthday Themes for Women
- 40th Birthday Party Ideas for Men
- Most Amazing 40th Birthday Gifts for Women
- 12 Fabulous 40th Birthday Party Favors Are Stunning
- BEST 40th Birthday Party Supplies
- Most Popular 30th Birthday Themes for Women
- 22 Stunning 30th Birthday Gifts for Women