I'd never seen anything like these fabulous paper lantern garlands Katie made for her My Little Sunshine 1st Birthday. So I asked her if she would do a quick tutorial on how she did it. And here it is!!
- Paper lanterns color and size of your choice. (I used 16, 8" yellow paper lanterns that I ordered from http://www.justartifacts.net/.)
- Ribbon of your choice
- Hot glue gun
- Pop open all of the paper lanterns you are going to use for this project
- Cut ribbon in 3-4 inch individual strands
- Take the individual strands of ribbon and use it to tie both the paper lanterns end to end. Tie a secure knot in the middle of the metal insert of the lantern. There should be about 2 inches of space between each of the lanterns
- Repeat process until you have the desired length of garland. (I used 4 lanterns to each strand of garland.)
- After they are tied end to end, make sure the ribbon is in the middle of the metal insert of the lantern and use the hot glue gun to secure the placement of the knot
- To make sure that all of your strands are the same, line them up next to each other on the floor and make desired adjustments
- Hang with longer ribbon and space apart evenly. (These garlands were hung from the top of a gazebo.)
To see more of Katie's gorgeous parties on our site click here, including her Fall Pumpkin Celebration dessert table I featured last week in our blog. And to learn more about Katie, read all about her party ideas and inspirations, and learn about her party planning services, please visit her blog, Katie Grace Designs.
(Do you have a DIY project from one of your parties that you’d like to share? Please email me at [email protected] I’d love to show it off!)