Today we're sharing an easy birthday candle craft, from Kristen and Missy from Sweetly Chic Events & Designs, where you can makeover any basic grocery store candle into something sparkly and fun!
We just love DIY's that are simple, inexpensive, and that add a special touch to an event. That is why we are sharing this tutorial for our DIY birthday candle makeover!
This tutorial will have you turning those everyday store bought candles, into your own creative, custom candles, full of glitz and glam that will be the perfect touch for your next birthday celebration! This is a great craft for a first birthday, especially if you want to add just a couple of DIY details.
1. Begin by taking your foam paint brush and apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the outer edge of your birthday candle. We simply followed the already existing purple line on our candle.
2. Sprinkle your choice of glitter on to the Mod Podged portion of your candle. We chose a pretty, pink glass glitter!
3. Shake away the excess glitter. You should be left with a crisp outline of glitter!
3. Once the glitter has set, add a layer of Mod Podge to the interior portion of your candle.
4. It's now time to add your glass beads.
5. Sprinkle your glass beads onto the newly Mod Podged portion of the candle. Gently press the beds into place, allowing them to set and dry.
You now have a glittering birthday candle that will look perfect atop any cake or sweet!
What a fabulous and fast way to add a creative touch to your next special event!
If you like this DIY, take a look at all the gorgeous party crafts Missy and Kristen have created for us!