Looking for a fast and easy way to bake a birthday cake without using an oven? How about using a waffle iron? These dessert waffles are so easy to make!!
- 1 box cake mix of your choice ( I used Dark chocolate fudge cake mix)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box and turn on your waffle iron.
- Spray the top and bottom waffle iron plates with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the cake batter in the center of the waffle iron. The amount of cake batter will depend on the size and shape of your waffle iron. Just like when you make waffles, it may take some trial and error to determine the right amount of batter.
- Cook until steaming stops, then carefully remove the cake waffle.
- Once cooled, spread a thin layer of icing on top of the cake waffle and sprinkle some sprinkles on the edges. Stack another cake waffle and repeat.
- Use whipped cream instead of icing and add fresh fruit.
- Serve vanilla ice cream between two layers to make ice cream sandwiches.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and fudge sauce.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Serving Size: 1 waffle (43g)
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 480mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Waffle Iron Birthday Cake DIY, waffle, cake mix, DIY, birthday cake, dessert