On Catch My Party you get to share your incredible party with the whole world! We go through every single party daily and feature the best ones so that your amazing parties can inspire everyone out there.
I'm always being asked how I choose what parties to feature on our homepage and on our social media sites, like Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter so check out our insider tips to get your party featured on Catch My Party!
Adding your party to Catch My Party couldn't be easier. Simply click on the 'add party' link in our menu bar and then follow the simple steps.
If you get stuck just drop me an email at [email protected] and I'm happy to help.
Insider Tips to Get Your Party Featured on Catch My Party!
1. Beautiful PhotosThe first thing I look for is beautiful photos. I know it sounds obvious, but it couldn't be truer!
I look for photos shot in good (usually natural) light, that aren't blurry, and that show off all the interesting elements of the party.
I like a mix of close-ups and panoramic shots. I don't like collages because it can be hard to make out the details and hard to share the photos on social media.
I like to think about parties as stories. What story are you telling with the photos you add, and how are you building that story?
2. Number of PhotosA party needs at least 10 photos for me to consider featuring it because if people click through to see more, I want there to be something substantial there.
I would say adding more photos is better than fewer, but if I see multiple photos of the same thing or lots of blurry shots, I know our users won't like it, so I won't feature it.
Having too many photos (say over 50) can also be a detriment because it's a lot to ask a user to scroll through, who is probably just looking for a few great ideas.
3. Party Recaps... Yes!I love the details! I love captions. I love shout outs (and links) to the people that helped you put your party together. I love knowing where you bought stuff or how you made it. I love knowing what you ate and drank and what your favorite moments at your party were.
For me, it is all those details that make the party come to life... and again, it's all about the story. A good story, with good photos, gets me every time!
Don't be shy about sharing what you know or what you're proud of with our community. It's amazing the response you'll get.
4. Interesting or Unique Party ThemesI love showing off great, new, creative themes. Of course, I'm a big fan of Toy Story parties, superhero parties, and circus parties, but if there's a new theme I haven't seen before, and the photos are stunning, chances are I will be showing off that party!
I remember the first time I saw a Disney Up party and I couldn't wait to share it everywhere!
5. Photoshoots and Staged PartiesReal parties are my favorite, and if they have people in them having a fun time, even better.
But, I will definitely feature photoshoots and staged parties if the photos are great, and there are interesting and inspiring elements in the setup.
Staged parties, where the sole purpose of the shoot is to sell products, won't be featured because they can feel "spammy" to our users. It's just not our vibe.
6. WatermarksI'm a believer in watermarking your photos. It's a great way to protect what is rightfully yours. If however, your watermarks obscure your photos and make them difficult to see, it's hard for me to show off your party. I like watermarks that are small, non-intrusive, and in the corner of your photos. The smaller and more discreet the better.
7. Make sure to add your social media links!I will try to link to you on social media, especially Instagram, so please make sure you've added your social media account to your bio or vendor listing on Catch My Party, so I know how to find you.
8. Finally...I hope this gives you some insight into what I think about when sharing and featuring parties.
But really what I want to say is thank you for all the parties you add. I get excited each morning when I get to my computer and I see all the new parties from all over the world.
You are a creative and generous community, you love your friends and families dearly (it shows), and you inspire me every day. I love what I do because of you.
If you have any questions, or there are things I haven't answered, please email me at jillian(at)catchmyparty(dot)com.