When Chex Cereal asked me to create a sweet holiday Chex Party Mix recipe with a twist, I got excited to add my love of salted caramel to my favorite Muddy Buddies.
What I love about this salted caramel Muddy Buddies recipe is the combination of flavors and textures. You get the crunch from the Chex cereal, the chocolate from the Chocolate Chex and chocolate chips, the caramel from the melted candies, and the salty finish, which actually nicely punctuates the sweet.
I made this recipe in under 15 minutes. I just substituted melted caramels for the traditional peanut butter, and finished it off with Kosher salt.
It turned out so delicious, my whole family couldn't stop eating them!
Salted Caramel Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 3 cups Rice Chex™
- 3 cups Corn Chex™
- 3 cups Chocolate Chex™
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside. You can use any combination of the Chex cereals. I used an even amount of all three.
- Chex cereal sent me this spoon, which I love, and I have to show it off. Thanks, Chex!
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, caramels, and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute. Then stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30 seconds intervals until mixture is smooth and can be poured.
- Stir in vanilla. Add Kosher salt.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Coat with powdered sugar. Cool on wax paper. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, (but I promise there won't be much left).
Chex Party Mix is the perfect snack to serve to your family and guests this holiday!
Whether you serve either sweet or savory Chex Party Mix, you'll get a fun mix of nostalgia and deliciousness. It will definitely bring your guests together, and it's so easy to make, your kids can help!
My daughter, Lainey, was super happy to be my taster. She made sure to do a very thorough job.
She rehearsed this shot multiple times. :)
Afterwards she gave my salted caramel Muddy Buddies recipe a big thumbs up!
Muddy Buddies also make great holiday gifts for all those special people in your life! Just place some cereal in cellophane bags and tie with baker's twine. Chex sent me these cute tags. We also have some free tags in our free Christmas printables collections on our site. Happy Holidays!
This post is sponsored by Chex Cereal but all opinions are mine. We love this Chex Party Mix recipe at our house.