This Peeps Blondie Recipe is a colorful Easter treat of buttery, chewy goodness and is a great alternative to an Easter cake.
This is a fun, and festive recipe that is really easy to make in just a few simple steps.
Peeps are one of my favorite things about Easter. And I especially love creative Peeps desserts.
They’re fun and cute, and I love the colors – they let me know it’s spring! So why not try these festive Peeps blondies to surprise your friends and family this Easter?
Also, if you’re looking for ideas on decorating an Easter party, we’ve got a ton. You can host an Easter egg hunt using these adorable free party printables. Plus, use our free printables to sen your little guests home with these “Peeps for my Peeps” treats.
And this is my favorite Easter candy craft. How psyched would your kids be to make one of these chocolate Easter bunny mason jars.
Reasons You’ll Love This Peeps Blondies Recipe
- Bright and beautiful: your guests will be drawn to this pretty treat.
- Easy to make: this is a fun recipe to put together with kids/
- Tastes gooey and delicious: the perfect taste and texture combination for a party.
- Make ahead: make these a day early to save yourself the last-minute run-around.
Ingredients and Supplies
- Light brown sugar. Light brown sugar has a bit more moisture than white sugar, making it perfect for delivering a chewy consistency.
- Butter. Salted or unsalted is fine. If you only have unsalted, add a pinch of salt to your recipe.
- Eggs. Use large eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla. Choose a high-quality vanilla extract, as this will be the essential flavor in this recipe.
- Flour. Use all-purpose flour to whip up the blondies.
- Baking powder. Ensure you have a fresh pack so that your blondies will rise to their potential.
- White chocolate chips. Vegan or regular will do.
- Peeps. Pick a variety of pastel colors.
- 13×9” greased baking dish.
How To Make This Easy Blondie Recipe
Here are the steps to making your own Easter blondies:
Step 1: Make the blondie batter
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a medium bowl, melt butter. Add brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Mix to combine. Gradually add flour and baking powder. Fold in white chocolate chips.
Step 2: Bake the blondies
Place batter in a 13×9” greased baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
Step 3: Top the blondies
Remove from oven and sprinkle the top of the blondies with chopped-up Peeps in various colors.
Place back in the oven for 5-7 more minutes until the Peeps expand and soften.
The blondies have a delicious brown sugar flavor and cookie-like texture. The colorful Peeps add vibrant spring colors and a touch of marshmallow sweetness!
And here’s what this fun treat looks like right out of the oven. Delicious!!
Tips and Substitutions
- Use a glass or light-colored baking pan to prevent the base of the blondies from becoming too dark.
- Line the baking pan or dish with parchment paper to make removing the blondies from the container easier.
- To avoid a tough batch of blondies, don’t overmix the batter.
- Allow the blondies to cool completely before cutting them, stabilizing the shape.
- If you can’t get hold of peeps or you want to make this outside of Easter – use marshmallows instead.
Sugar, butter, eggs, and flour are the core ingredients for blondies.
In the same way, a brownie is meant to be chewy, and so is a blondie.
Blondies originate from the USA; where and when exactly are a mystery.
Other Easter Recipes You’ll Love
- White Chocolate Peep DIY
- Carrot Patch Dirt Dessert
- Cake Batter Mini Cheesecake Recipe
- Rustic Cracker Recipe
For more Easter inspiration, check out all our collections of free Easter party printables and all the real Easter parties on our site.
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 each eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Peeps
- Preheat oven to 350°.In a medium bowl, melt butter. Add brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Mix to combine. Gradually add flour and baking powder. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Place batter in a 13×9” greased baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the top of the blondies with chopped-up Peeps in various colors.
- Place back in the oven for 5-7 more minutes until the Peeps expand and soften.
- The blondies have a delicious brown sugar flavor and cookie-like texture. The colorful Peeps add vibrant spring colors and a touch of marshmallow sweetness!
- Don’t overmix the blondie mixture; this will ensure a light and chewy texture rather than a dense one.
- Use room-temperature ingredients for a light and easy-to-work-with batter.
add your comment
To leave a comment Log in -or- Join the party