Learn to make this No-Sew Tulle Table Skirt to take your party to the next level. It's such a show-stopper, and the best part is you don't need to have any sewing ability whatsoever!
A tulle table skirt creates a soft and dreamy feel to your dessert table. You can easily create your own, that is simple, inexpensive, and requires no sewing! It’s basically a tutu for your table.
How to Make a Tulle Table SkirtWhat you need:
- 2 rolls of tulle, 6 inch wide x 100 yards
- 5/8 inch fold over stretch elastic (2-3 inches longer than your table)
- Fabri-Tac adhesive
- Chiffon flower trim, enough to cover 3 sides of your table
- Straight pins or safety pins
- White tablecloth
First, cover your table with a tablecloth and wrap the elastic along the top edge of the table. The tie it in the back.
Pin the elastic to the tablecloth in various spots to keep it secure while you add your tulle.
To create your skirt you will need to cut your rolls of tulle. Each strip should be double the height of your table. My table is 35 inches high so I cut each strip 70 inches long.
To attach the tulle to the elastic, fold one strip in half and then place the loop over and behind the elastic.
Grab the tails of the tulle and pass them through the loop.
Tighten the tulle, it should look like a tie, with the knot in front. The smaller your knot, the more tulle you will need.
Continue attaching the tulle. If your table will be against the wall, you only need to cover 3 sides.
Attach the trim by applying small beads of adhesive along the top edges of the skirt.
Hold the trim in place until it dries, work in small sections until all sides are covered.
What a simple way to add a dramatic effect to your next event.
This DIY was created by Denise from Simply Create Designs.For more inspiration, check out all the amazing princess and ballerina parties on our site, and check out these princess and ballerina party supplies from vendors with listings on Catch My Party!
Need party craft ideas for girls?
Need princess and ballerina free party printable decorations?
Need more princess and ballerina birthday party ideas?
- 7 Things You Must Have at Your Ballerina Birthday Party
- The 13 Most Popular Girl 1st Birthday Themes
- The 12 Most Popular Baby Shower Themes for Girls
- 12 Must-See Pink and Gold Parties
- Princess Party Planning eBook
- The 12 Most Popular Quinceanera Themes For an Amazing Party!
- The 12 BEST Sweet 16 Birthday Party Supplies
- The 14 BEST Baby Shower Themes for Girls
- The 12 Most Stunning Quinceañera Party Supplies
- Best Cinderella Birthday Party Ideas
- 14 Handmade Cinderella Birthday Party Supplies
- Take a Look at the 12 Most Amazing Beauty and the Beast Party Ideas!
- 12 Amazing Beauty and the Beast Party Supplies