If you own an Instant Pot, you must try this easy and delicious Instant Pot cinnamon roll recipe. We used a simple pizza dough recipe and adjusted the sugar to make them light and fluffy and sweet!
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 packets fast acting yeast
- ¼ sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- In a medium bowl combine warm water and yeast, stir and let sit for 5 minutes until the yeast looks frothy.
- Add sugar, oil and flour to the yeast mixture.
- Fold in the ingredients until a dough begins to form. Cover your hands in flour and use them to knead the dough and form a ball.
- Cover the dough in the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot in your kitchen. I like to turn my stove light on and place bowl under the light.
- Let the dough rise for 60 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl, mix to combine.
- Cut the dough in half, working with only half at a time.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle.
- Spread the melted butter over the dough and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Repeat for second dough ball.
- Roll the dough up lengthwise and cut into 1” pieces.
- Spray a 8” round cake pan or push pan. Arrange the cinnamon roll rounds in the pan.
- Set aside and let rise for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Cover the cinnamon rolls with a paper towel and then foil.
- Place steamer rack upside down in the instant pot and add 2 cups of water.
- Drop the pan into the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook for 24 minutes. Make sure the release valve is closed.
- Combine all three ingredients.
- When the cinnamon rolls are done, smother the icing over the top while they are still warm. Enjoy!
Hint: we used a pizza dough recipe and adjusted the sugar to make the dough sweeter!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 cinnamon roll
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Sodium: 184.8mg
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.9g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 2.9mg
Keywords: cinnamon roll, easy and delicious instant pot cinnamon roll recipe, instant pot