How gorgeous are these paper flower centerpieces Wanessa from Wanessa Carolina Creations created, and how beautiful would these look on a table or mantle.
We'll, thanks to this tutorial Wanessa put together, here's how you can make one, too...
To put together these paper flower centerpieces, all you need is a tall glass cylinder or a large vase, a spray painted wine bottle, some pretty paper flowers, and voilà!I wanted to make 3 centerpieces so I chose one color for each bottle. You can see how I clean the wine bottles here.
The cylinder glass and the large vases I found at Walmart for less than $20.00 each.
First, I customized the vases by gluing rope to the bottom.To make the paper flower bouquet I used two different techniques.
For the rolled flowers you can find the tutorial here. You just have to start rolling tight from the end to the center, then release the paper, and glue the bottom.
For the petals flower here is a step-by-step:
I always like to double side my paper to make these flowers. I chose a plain color for one side, and a patterned one for the other side ,and attached them with spray adhesive.
- Cut out 7 pieces from a scalloped (or a 1 3/4" round) paper punch, cut out 5 pieces from a 1 1/2" paper punch, and cut out 4 pieces from a smaller round paper punch (see image 1)
- Cut a slit in each piece from the edge of the cutout to the midpoint (see image 2)
- Fold one flap over the other to make a small cone and glue (see image 3)
- Glue the 7 scalloped (or the 1 3/4") pieces together, glue 5 of the 1 1/2" pieces together, and glue 4 of the smallest pieces together (image 4)
- Place one bunch inside the other, biggest to smallest, and glue (image 5)
- Cut out some leaves (image 6)
- Pinch and glue the bottom edge of the leaves to give them dimension (image 7)
- Fold the end of a piece of floral wire into a small "L" and hot glue the leaves and flower to it
- Place in your flowers in your wine bottle and arrange
And if you make a paper flower centerpiece, please send photos. I'd love to see how yours turned out.