Here's a quick and easy cupcake stand DIY that's perfect for the holidays from Kristen and Missy from Sweetly Chic Events & Designs!
Today we are sharing a perfectly simple and inexpensive way to display all of your party sweets and treats! Whether for your next holiday party, or birthday celebration, this DIY 3-Tiered Cupcake Stand will allow you to showcase your delicious desserts with the perfect touch of chic simplicity:
- 2 pieces 8 1/2 x 11 unfinished wood plaques
- 1 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 unfinished wood plaque
- 2 crystal candle holders (We found ours at our local Dollar Store!)
- Acrylic paint
- Foam paint brush
- Sturdy adhesive
1. Begin by painting your unfinished wood plaques in the color paint of your choosing. We chose a classic white paint for our cupcake stand!
2. After your paint has dried, it is time to secure your first crystal candlestick holder to one of your larger unfinished wood plaques. This first piece will serve as the base of your cupcake stand.
Apply a thin coat of your sturdy adhesive to the rim of the base of your candlestick holder and firmly press it to the center of your unfinished wood plaque.
3. Once the base of your candlestick holder is secure, apply a thin layer of adhesive to the top rim of your candlestick holder and then place your second larger wood plaque centered on top of it.
This will be the middle tier of your cupcake stand.
4. Repeat this same process with your second candlestick holder and your small piece wood plaque. This will serve as your top tier.
You now have a fabulous 3 tiered cupcake stand fit to display all of your delectable desserts.
We filled ours with delicious vanilla cupcakes that we dressed up with these amazing, modern holiday cupcake wrappers and toppers from Lillian Hope Designs Black & Gold Christmas Printable Collection!
We hope you love your new DIY 3-tier cupcake stand as much as we do! We love that this cupcake stand is simple, stylish and so very versatile! It would make the perfect serving piece for all your holiday parties and events to come!
Thanks, Missy & Kristen for sharing your chic and easy cupcake stand idea! Looking forward to the crafts you come up with in 2015!