Today we have a fun food craft to share.
I'm always looking for personalized details that don't take a lot of work or cost a lot of money, and that's why I'm so excited about this sprinkle 1st birthday cupcake topper DIY from Kristen and Missy from Sweetly Chic Events & Designs!
This will add a little pizzazz and creativity to a 1st birthday party or any milestone celebration.
Supplies: (These are affiliate links. They won't cost you a thing but help us bring you posts like this.)
- Parchment paper
- Number 1 silhouette
- Ziploc bag - quart size
- Wilton white candy melts
- Wilton nonpareils
1. Begin by taking the print out of your number and placing it on a plate. Add a layer of parchment paper over the top and tape it to the plate to prevent any slipping.
2. Next, melt a handful of your Wilton candy melts per the bags instructions.
3. Once your chocolate is melted, carefully spoon it into your Ziploc Bag. Gently push the melted chocolate into a bottom corner of the bag. Take your scissors and cut a tiny portion of the chocolate-filled corner of the bag. This will create a "piping bag".
4. Carefully trace and fill in the shape of your number atop the parchment paper.
5. While still warm, spread a layer of Nonpareils on top of the chocolate.
6. Allow the Nonpareils to set within the chocolate for a few minutes and then carefully remove the remaining sprinkles.
7. You now have an adorable sprinkle topper that will look just perfect atop any cake or cupcake!
We just love this fun and easy DIY can turn any cake from drab to fab! Enjoy!
For more inspiration, check out these adorable 1st birthday parties on our site!