I love putting new spins on classic dishes. Here’s a way to update traditional pumpkin pie by turning it into blondies using our simple pumpkin pie blondie recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking pan with butter, or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and ground spices, in a large mixing bowl, then set aside.
- Add the melted butter (if it is hot to the touch, let it cool before you add the other ingredients), egg, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and vanilla to a second mixing bowl.
- Mix by hand until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (you can do it in one batch), and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into your greased pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
We’re hoping these inspire you to shake up your Thanksgiving with some new ideas.
Here I added a dollop of whipped cream just to give it a little extra creamy smoothness.
Looking at these photos makes me want to eat one right now!