These blondies have a deliciously rich, moist, pumpkin-y flavor, lots of cinnamon and spice, plus, they’re easy to serve. They’re perfect for a potluck or to give as a gift!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground (or freshly grated) nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking pan with butter, or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and ground spices, in a large mixing bowl, then set aside.
- Add the melted butter (if it is hot to the touch, let it cool before you add the other ingredients), egg, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and vanilla to a second mixing bowl.
- Mix by hand until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (you can do it in one batch), and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into your greased pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
I added a dollop of whipped cream at the end just to give it a little extra creamy smoothness.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 4oz
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 33g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
Keywords: dessert, Thanksgiving, pumpkin, cinnamon, blondies