Under the shade of our 50 year old maple tree, a dreamy Boho-inspired sit-down brunch took place to celebrate my daughter’s 25th birthday with her closest girlfriends.
Antique Lace panels, layered with a modern macramé piece, were hung from the tree to create a wistful and billowing backdrop.
Rustic harvest tables set with boutique-style paper plates & cups (that I happen to carry in my online store & were the inspiration for the colors of the event), were layered on gold chargers, and featured deep teal taper candles nestled in patina brass holders, scattered amongst vintage lace runners, fresh meadow flowers and bamboo greens cut from my own garden.
Incorporating DIY elements to my events is my specialty, some of which included:
• Watercolor place cards (to echo the plates & cups)
• Floral and fruit ice bucket
• Homemade quiches, muffins, and pear vanilla jam
Additional highlights & special details of the brunch included:
• “But First, Mimosa” Bar, complete with feather topped calligraphy glass juice bottles
• Mini Dream Catchers placed at each setting as a take home gift for each guest
• Flower-filled terrarium-inspired cookies
• Bamboo leaves clipped onto the balloon tails
• My great grandmother’s crochet doilies and runners used throughout
CONCEPT & STYLING: www.Joonieandjoe.com
TABLEWARE, CAKE TOPPER, BALLOONS: www.Joonieandjoe.com
HARVEST TABLE & CHAIRS, GOLD CUTLERY, LINEN NAPKINS: www.avalonrents.com
PINK VINTAGE GOBLETS: www.alloccasionapartyrent.com
VINTAGE SUITCASES, CRATES, TYPEWRITER, HIGHBOY, BUFFET, ANTLERS & MIRROR: www.litlebarnrentals.com
PINK QUEEN ANNE CHAIR: www.theblushingpear.com COOKIES: www.thecakemama.ca
DREAMCATCHER FAVORS: www.avatozoe.ca
MACRAME BACKDROP: www.themakerykelowna.etsy.com