I had been planning this party since February to make sure everything was absolutely perfect.
Here is the extent I went to, to make this party 10/10 perfect.
1) I stained every single piece of unfinished wood a honey color. This included (but not limited to) full size pallets (like 3 of them), crates, frames, mini pallets (coasters), etc. Yes, I spent a small fortune on stain and yes I did pick a color that isn’t easy to come by.
2) I made my friend and mom go ditch diving with me to get pig weed and cat tails & grass to use for decoration.
3) I hand painted overalls, letters, mason jars, pictures, and cow skulls.
4) I added a little ✨spice✨ to the mason jars, cowboy hat cups, tea and lemonade jugs, and water bottles.
5) I handmade every single hobby horse by myself.
6) I spent WEEKS trying to find someone to make these cake pops.
7 ) I punched holes and put twine on like 400 pictures and hot glued them all to pallets (in chronological order).
8) I made my husband help me cut out and glue together a 5 foot number 1 to put balloons in (he called me nuts) (probably am honestly).
9) My poor step dad had to cut several pallets in half for me.
10) I pestered my cousin to bring a pony.
11) Some of my closest friends hung out with me all night the night before and helped me decorate and blow up balloons among other things.
12) I asked my MIL to make me a pig out of a watermelon, sew a new hem line on Tripp’s onesie, and make a wreath for the front door.
13) made all of the grandparent shirts with my Circuit
14) I asked mom to track down square hay bales (harder than it looks)
15) One of my friends painted the corral white and I stenciled the rest.
16) unknowingly made mom re-landscape the entire back yard with the help of our friend.
17) My brother in law branded a piece of wood for the sign in log. I first tried to heat up the branding irons in the OVEN. LOL
18) used my moms guest house as a storage shed
21) Ran Walmart out of photo paper
What People Ate
BBQ sliders, potato salad, pigs in a blanket, watermelon, veggies, and lots of sweets!
What People Drank
Sweet tea, lemonade, water, and sodas in the cooler.
Cake, cookies, cake pops, chocolate dipped pretzels, etc.
Cowboy hat cups, personalized mason jars, goodie bags filled with candy and toys, a bandana and straw cowboy hat, and a hobby horse!
Activities / Games
Ring toss, pin the tale on the cow, and pin the mustache on Tripp.
My mom provided most of the food and let us use her house.
She blew up balloons and helped with many other things.
She helped blow up balloons and many other things.
She helped me with a lot of odds and ends of the party.