Owen's family is based in the US. When Mommy Joanne initially contacted us, she had fairly random ideas about what she wanted for Owen's baptismal celebration. We shortlisted her options for the theme, and eventually came up with the idea to execute “Guess How Much I Love You,” since, according to her, Owen is very fond of the characters from the book. To give the theme a little twist, we opted to include kites, so it would seem like a walk in the park whole kind of story.
Mommy Joanne was in the US when we were planning for this event. We were coordinating via Facebook messenger and were finalizing details online. We initially sent a themed logo and color scheme to encapsulate the whole feel of our vision for Owen's baptismal celebration. As soon as she gave us her approval, we got down to work and rolled up our sleeves.
Listed below are the styling elements that we put together:
1. Storylines from the book that were incorporated in the backdrop and buntings
2. Guess How Much I Love You Storybook Logo
3. The whole backdrop was meant to resemble a storybook, without going so literal with the design ; hence, the need for the curved arch in the middle.
4. Life size standee of a cabbage and Little Nutbrown Hare
5. Life size tree standee
6. Kites – centerpiece and backdrop
7. Wooden Cabbage patch with real cabbage vegetables
8. Carrot plush toys – bunting and centerpiece
1. Carrot sugar cookies 2. Bunny hole inspired sugar cookies 3. Sugar cookies with edible celebratory logo topper 4. Moss inspired cupcakes with GHMILY storybook graphic illustration edible topper 5. Red velvet cupcakes with edible kite and cloud fondant toppers