Ka-Chow! This Cars-themed party was perfect for Lightning McQueen-obsessed birthday boy, Archer.
I custom designed several items for his party using Cars character graphics purchased from Etsy. The invitation was sent digitally via e-mail or through Facebook, but I printed a few copies for grandparents to have as a keepsake, as well.
Guests arriving to the party were greeted at the front gate to “Archer’s Speedway” (a.k.a. our backyard) by a colorful balloon arch and a black metal utility cart decorated with checkered flags, an inflatable tire, and stacks of custom “oil cans.” The cans, decorated with branded sayings such as, “Lightning Motor Oil” and “Archer is 3 Premium Racing Oil,” were such a fun detail that nodded to both the Cars party theme and the birthday boy himself.
I also designed individual VIP pit passes with the different Cars characters for all of the kids (or “crew members”) in attendance. These served as the party favor and were a big hit with kids and parents alike!
The food table was decorated with a checkered table runner, handmade colored bunting, more stacks of “oil cans”, and a large vintage “A” for birthday boy Archer. A colorful balloon swag hung above and added the perfect festive touch.
The menu for the afternoon included kid-friendly items of some of Archer’s favorites foods. Custom menu signage featuring the different Cars characters was cleverly paired with each menu item. Below is a list of all the menu items served:
- Chick Hicks Chicken Nuggets (with honey mustard and bar-b-que dipping sauces)
- Lightning McQueen Mac and Cheese (with Lightning McQueen shaped pasta noodles!)
- Doc Hudson’s Veggie Dip Sticks (in ranch dressing)
- Sally’s Cozy Cones (a.k.a. Bugles!)
- Mater’s Taters (and by taters, I mean, potato chips)
- Fillmore’s Organic Fruit (a mixture of watermelon, grapes, and strawberries)
- Flo’s Refueling Station (the beverage station with sweet tea and lemonade)
And dessert consisted of the following:
- Luigi’s Tower of Tires (a.k.a. stacks of mini chocolate donuts)
- And a super fun checkerboard birthday cake that my mom so graciously made!
A pint-sized checkerboard photo backdrop was set up for people to snap pictures of their kiddos. There was also a small table for a “Ramone’s Body Shop” station with all the supplies needed for putting on Cars/racing themed temporary tattoos.
And last, but most certainly not least, my husband mowed down a racetrack course in our back yard for all the kids to run around on. He even spray painted a giant “A” on the start/finish line! All the kids instantly started running around it upon entering our backyard, and Archer enjoyed it long after the party was over.
Disney/Pixar Cars character graphics
Invitation, oil cans labels, pit passes, and menu signage
Balloons and Bunting
Amy Lind Interiors
Large vintage "A"