- 2 cups white rice
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (up to 2 tablespoons)
- 2 green onion stems, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Rinse two cups of rice in a colander until water runs clear.
- Put rice in pot and add 2 ½ cups chicken broth, along with 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- Mix to make sure rice is evenly distributed in pot.
- I like the carrots to be soft so I added them to the rice to be cooked. You can choose to leave them out and sauté them with the green onions, garlic, and peas. Use the rice setting on the Instant Pot.
- Once the rice has cooked, release the handle to vent and wait until all the air is released before you open the lid. Fluff the rice and push to one side of the pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto the sauté setting and add 1-2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Add the garlic, green onions and peas to the pot to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Fold the ingredients into the rice.
- Pour the 3 beaten eggs over the rice and let cook for a minute or two.
- As the eggs cook, fold them into the rice and turn the heat off. Enjoy!
First time users, here is a tip! When using the already programmed settings, the timer will say “auto” while it is heating. Make sure when using the pressure settings you move the steam release handle to sealing.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 475cal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 547mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 89g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 5g
Keywords: recipe, instant pot vegetable fried rice recipe, fried rice, Instant Pot, healthy fried rice, easy fried rice, vegetarian fried rice